Saturday, February 13, 2016

Hot Wheels 32 Ford - Revved up like a Deuce!

My Hot Wheels Deuce Coupe


Here are a couple of photos of my Hot Wheels 32 Ford.  It's the legendary Deuce coupe.  Hot rodders called the 32 Ford the "Deuce coupe" because it was manufactured starting in 1932.

Hot Wheels 32 Ford

Manfred Mann - "Blinded By the Light" Lyric


This photo was inspired by the Bruce Springsteen song "Blinded By the Light."  It was made a hit by Manfred Mann's Earth Band.  It has a lyric that has confused me and many others for decades.  But, I recently learned that the lyric is "revved up like a Deuce in the middle of the night" and not "wrapped up like a douche in the middle of the night."



This car is the Deuce and it is "another runner in the night."  It all makes so much more sense now!

The Beach Boys - "Little Deuce Coupe" Album


The Beach Boys also sung about this car.  Their fourth studio album was titled "Little Deuce Coupe."  You can see lots of little Deuce coupes in this video:


You can get the album in a kinds of different formats here on Amazon:



I'm pretty happy with my little Deuce Coupe.  This Hot Wheels car has plenty of personality.

Hot Wheels 32 Ford

Hot Wheels Photography Tip


I actually took this photo in the middle of the night.  I was walking our dog at around 3:00 a.m.  I placed the car on the top of a plastic trash can in our pool area, shined a small LED flashlight on it and took the pictures with my cell phone.  For the first picture, I used the flash and for the picture above I used only the flashlight.  I like the way that the shadows and chrome work together.  The textured surface of the decorative trash can also catch light and reflect this Hot Wheels hot rod very well.


No comments:

Post a Comment