Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Hot Wheels 1962 Chevy II / Hot Wheels Chevy Nova

Here's my Hot Wheels 1962 Chevy Nova.  Unlike many of my diecast cars, this is a car that I actually have some exposure to in real life.  When I was a kid, my parents bought two basic Chevy II sedans over the years as restoration projects.  We always knew them as a Chevy II.  In fact, according to Steve's Nova site, Nova was just a high level trim package on the Chevy II up until 1968.  On one of our cars, my parents painted the exterior and re-upholstered the interior.  It actually looked pretty nice.  But, they sold it sometime before we moved to Florida.

Here's a brick-oven special Hot Wheels 1962 Chevy Nova

My folks bought a second 1962 Chevy Nova when we lived in Florida. When I was in late elementary school or early junior high, I spent lots of time taking parts off of the engine and cleaning them. It was great fun. But, we never did get the car running. I think someone made my dad and offer at some point and he sold it.  But, it was an interesting project car.  Sometimes I wish we would have had the funds for a crate motor just to get it rolling long.  Today, Chevy II and Chevy Nova cars sell for big bucks on eBay motors.  This Hot Wheels version sold for a buck at Dollar Tree.

A Hot Wheels 1962 Chevy Nova parked in a prime space!

I'm glad that my Chevy Nova from Hot Wheels is perfect.  Since it comes from the Hot Wheels Muscle Mania collection it is a first rate Nova trim level car.  It doesn't have rusted out floorboards. It doesn't have old rotten looking tires. It doesn't have an engine in bits and pieces. It's just perfect and it's easy to maintain!

Here's rear quarter shot of the Hot Wheels 1962 Chevy Nova
With this Chevy Nova, I don't need to do any maintenance and I don't need this manual at all:

No comments:

Post a Comment