Saturday, January 9, 2016

Jada 1972 Datsun 240Z in the wild!

I found this 1:24 scale Datsun 240Z at a local thrift store.  It's a really cool looking car, but quite beat up.  It was made by Jada toys and is missing the rear view mirrors and a headlight.  Obviously, this model has been subjected to some serious play.  I left it at the store for another kid to find.

Jada Datsun 240Z interior

The front seats were inviting and realistic looking.  The 240Z displaced my first car -- an Opel GT -- from the marketplace.  It had a functional hatchback while my Opel did not. 

Jada Datsun 240Z profile
I probably should have bought this model.  When a car has character and honest dents and dings, it has a certain life and quality that makes it even more endearing.

Jada Datsun 240Z with dual racing exhausts
This model is just plain tough!  Who needs headlights.

This Jada Datsun 240Z has been trading some paint!
If you are interested in a Jada 1:24-scale die-cast model of a stock 240Z, I was able to find it here on Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment