Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Hot Wheels Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe at the Garage

Here is my Hot Wheels Shelby Daytona Cobra pulling into the garage area after an exciting day of wet pavement driving. 

Hot Wheels Shelby Daytona Cobra hits the garage
The Shelby Cobra was an amazing car.  It was based on shoe-horning an American V-8 into fancy British coachwork.  The Shelby Daytona Cobra couple was created to beat the fastest Ferrari race cars of the day in the 24 Hours of LeMans and other prestigious FIA races.   It was created by Carroll Shelby.  He was a design legend and was renowned for making fast cars.  You can read more his cars here -


Check out the Carroll Shelby - An American Legend website for more information about this extraordinary pioneer of speed.  This Hot Wheels "Real Riders" rendition of the Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe is particularly cool because it has real rubber tires and lots of detailed decals.

Hot Wheels Shelby Daytona Cobra in the paddock area
For a larger collectible die-cast renditions of the Shelby Daytona Cobra, check this one out:

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, I'm generally not a fan of open-hole rims for Real Riders but they look great with this particular casting.

    I never saw this particular Hot Wheels Garage release in Ottawa, as distribution of 2011 Garage cars in Canada seemed to be hit-or-miss (except for the infamous J-case, which seemed to be a lot easier to find in Canada than in the United States). Yeah, I definitely would have picked this one up if I saw it. I'd still prefer the 2013 Cool Classics version in blue, but this would be my number 2 variation (even over the Super Treasure Hunt, which is one of only 2 2010 Supers I have).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Steve - Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm still learning about all the Hot Wheels variations. For most cars, I try to avoid dupes and variants, but I'd definitely pick this one up in another color. These wheels definitely give these a real vintage look.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete