Monday, March 14, 2016

Hot Wheels VW Brasilia & Gearing Up to Take Die-cast Car Photos!

I usually take my die-cast car photos outside.  I like using the sidewalk, or a picnic table, and natural light.  However, many people like to take up close photos inside.  Sometimes it is too blazing hot or too darn cold to be messing around with a camera and little cars outside.  I took these photos of three Hot Wheels Brasilia cars.  The one with the flame job looks really cool.



If you want to up your Die-cast Car photography game, you may need to gear up!  You'll want to have some professional quality photography products at your disposal. 




Photography Tents and Backdrops


When I want a nice clean surface to shoot on, I'll sometimes opt for a clean white table top, a cutting board, poster board, or a piece of construction paper.  However, professionals often use a dedicated photography tent when taking pictures of products.  A Photography Tent can be really helpful when you want to isolate your small die-cast car, light it well, take great close-up pictures, and remove any distracting elements.



Photography Tripods


A stable platform for photography helps eliminate blurry photographs and gives you the freedom to minutely adjust your camera and focus to capture the perfect photo.  A tripod is a great accessory to have.  When it comes to taking pictures of Hot Wheels, Matchbox, and other small die-cast cars, I find that a Mini-Tripod will work just fine.  You can set it on a table top or picnic table and get some great photos.  I have this tripod myself for when I use a real camera.



Did you know that they even make mini-tripods now for cell phone photography. Check this flexible tripod out!

No comments:

Post a Comment