Sunday, September 6, 2020

Is the Hot Wheels Track Ripper inspired by the Dodge VIper?

I took these exclusive spy photos of the Hot Wheels Speed Blur series Track Ripper behind an old abandoned Pizza Hut location near my home.  With a dazzling camouflage scheme to break up its lines, I really had to look hard to identify the lines of this car.


Ever since I got the Hot Wheels Track Ripper a few months ago, I've wondered what inspired it.  At a glance, I think this heavily disguised car looks like some prototype Dodge Viper concept.  Of course, that's just my opinion.  Check out this photo of a Dodge Viper SRT10 GTS:

Dodge Viper SRT10 GTS - Michael Gil from Calgary, AB, Canada / CC BY (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)

The similarities between the cars are striking.  However, I can also see elements of my McLaren F1 GTR.  On the track, it could probably give the Corvette C7 Z06 a run for the money.


If you are on the Orange Hot Wheels track, I learned from this entry on Orange Track that the front bumper of this Hot Wheels pushes up for better aerodynamics and ground clearance.


No comments:

Post a Comment